History

 

The 560 Music Center was built in 1930 as the Shaare Emeth Temple. This beautiful Art Deco building was home to the Saint Louis Conservatory and School for the Arts (CASA) from 1974-1994. Following the merger by the St. Louis Symphony and CASA in 1994, the building housed the St. Louis Symphony Community Music School. In September 2001, the Community Music School joined with Webster University. In October 2006, Washington University took possession of the facility, and the renovated facility opened to our students in the fall of 2007. The building contains three performance spaces that can accommodate solo recitals to full orchestra concerts, as well as host a myriad of other events.